February 09, 2011

Red Hair in Two Steps

I get bored with my hair very easily.  After chopping my hair off two summers ago I haven't been able to go three months without changing either the length or the color of my hair.  I have hair A.D.D! 
So a few weeks ago I got the idea in my head to go red.  The brown I got over thanksgiving break (!!! i can't believe I went that long without a touch up.  my roots were out of control!) had faded and I was up for something new
 
I colored the base a deep "chocolate cherry" red (the top two pictures) and then added lighter highlights all over too keep it from getting too dark and to give it some dimension (the bottom two pictures). 

I'm happy with how it turned out, and I really love the red color--way more than blonde or brunette.  Who know, maybe I found a hair color I can be happy with for more than three months at a time?

ps. i can't wait until i can use my camera again. this webcam business is wearing thin

1 comment:

  1. I like it!

    I've always wanted to dye mine red, but I think that the color I'd really want would require bleaching beforehand...and that's a big commitment...

    ReplyDelete